Monday 14 October 2013

Best Coin Ever Spent



Before I left for school this morning I wanted to check my facebook page, but when I went to open up a browser a page was already open. On the page was this video, which I noticed has some good camera angles. So here it is becoming a blog post. The fact that the performers made up a full orchestra with a choir must have given the director/cameraman a lot to work with, and the way the camera looks at the instruments gives the clip variety.

The assortment of shots include:
  • a Bird's eye view shot of the square the orchestra is in,
  • Long shot of children watching the musicians
  • Shots from bellow the instruments
  • Extreme close up of string instruments
  • Close up of instruments from behind
  • Pan shots of the women in the orchestra
  • Pan shots of other musicians walking into the square
  • Shot from above of drums moving into the group
  • Shot between musicians of conductor and many others that I cannot currently pin-point.

This video has emphasised that I will need to use a wide variety of shot types and distances in my film opening to keep my audience engaged.

I think this was worth note, and a fun video.

No comments:

Post a Comment